Email: [email protected]
Extra Help: I am available upon student's request.
Materials needed: Textbook, Notebook, Blue or Black Pen and Pencil.
Class Participation: 20%
Chapter Tests: Tests will be administered after each chapter. Each test will include a variety of questions including essay questions. You are responsible for making up any missed tests. Tests can be made up only with a legitimate excused absence, on the next day. Tests not made up will be graded as a “0”.
Quizzes: Quizzes may be given on a regular basis.
Homework Assignments: Homework will be assigned throughout the school year.
Homework Grading: Check+ (100%), Check (80%), Check- (60%) 0 (no credit)
Late Work: Work maybe turned in late for discounted credit. Any work submitted beyond the second day will NOT be accepted & receive a zero (0).
If You’re Absent: It is the student’s responsibility to make up all missed assignments & notes.
Cutting Class: Cutting class will result in a referral, a zero for class participation & ineligibility to make-up or turn in missed work.(including tests & quizzes)
Cheating/Plagiarism: Any student caught cheating or plagiarizing or allowing another student to cheat or plagiarize, will receive a grade of zero and reported to the Vice Principal.
Hall Passes: Only one hall pass will be issued at a time and never when I am teaching.
Notebook: As part of your marking period grade you are required to keep a separate History Notebook with the following guidelines:
- The notebook must have your name, subject & period written on the front cover.
- Each new chapter must have a cover page.
- All entries must have a heading, dates & be in chronological order.
- Penmanship must be reasonably neat; no photocopies will be accepted.
- Be prepared. You are responsible for your grade.
- Be respectful. You are accountable for your own actions.
- Be responsible. Your attendance is crucial to your success.
- Food/Drink/Cellphones ARE NOT PERMITTED in the Classroom.
- IDs must be worn at all times.
- Follow the dress code.
- Tardiness will not be permitted.
- No cell phones/electronic devices
- You may not go to your lockers during class.
- After 18 unexcused absences, you will not receive credit for the class.
- No vandalism. Respect school property