Financial Literacy Syllabus
Financial Literacy Unit Plan
- Technology/Welcome Back (Ted ED-Google Classroom-Google forms)
- True Colors (Self Evaluation Inventory)
- Identifying Types of Employment.
- Workplace Ethics and MISC. Case Studies.
- HandShake Project
- Interview Do’s and Don’ts *
- Interview Project
- Plan of Action (Presentations)
- Vocabulary *
- Cover Letter *
- Resume *
- Binder Portfolios. Extra credit only. Inspection # 1
- Resources (Web) 9 to 12 Resource sites.
- Business math (**)
- Pay Stub *
- Your PayCheck
- Long/Short Term Goals (Handout)
- Budget *
- Check Writing *
- Check Register and Check Rec. (See Checking and Debit Simulation Handout)Deposit and Endorsements
- Compare and Contrast/ (CitiBank versus TD Bank) (Graphic Organizers)
- Savings Unit. (Checking and Debit Card Simulation)
- Brochures Project.
- Portfolio Maintenance(Extra credit only)
- Ted-Ed (Online)
- Resources (Web) 9 to 12 Resource sites. (You will be given a homework and class participation for this assignment.)
- Unit 1 key term test
- Unit 2 key term test
- Unit 3 key term test
- Verbal test (Verbal Challenges)
- Pre Benchmark
- Post Benchmark
- Final Exam.
*Vocab, i.e. Vocabulary will be conducted periodically during both marking periods.
**Start of marking period 2
*Ted-Ed online homework.